Thursday, July 25, 2013

We're having a garage sale

We're having a garage sale this week. 
Thank you for your prayers. ; )


Most of what I'm selling is samples from my Willow House 
(formerly known as Southern Living at HOME) direct sales business.

I started with Southern Living at HOME in August 2006 because I loved all the products and wanted to make a little extra money.
I still love the products, and yes, it is hard to let them go at dirt cheap prices.
But the Home Decor Division of Willow House began closing down last October and the Company began the process of becoming a Designer Jewelry Company, Sara Blaine Jewelry for Willow House, so it is time for these things to go.
It does feel good, however, to have them out of the house and to have a little more breathing room. 
I have a few  a lot of other non-Willow House things that my husband would love to haul to the curb, but I have great plans for those diamonds in the rough.  
I hope to share them here with you on the blog in the near future so be sure to follow me! : )
(Sorry the pic is a little blurry.)

Hanging on to stuff can be called hoarding.   We all know that is not healthy, right? 
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."  Matthew 6:19 - 21.  
Yes Lord. 
  
Holding tight to "things" can mean I don't have faith the Lord will provide those things for me in the future should I "need" them. 

Many of the items are really cute, and very special, and loved by collectors and former consultants.  They bring more in swap groups than garage sales where shoppers may not recognize their unique value.  
Here's the cute Dress-Me-Up Platter.  
An oldie, but goodie. 

The two little holes are for adding a ribbon or tucking in sprigs of herbs.


At one time you could also purchase an iron stand and use a pair of platters.
I don't think the average garage-saler would want to pay what a true collector would.  
I found a consultant whose customer had just mentioned to her to keep her eye out for 
one of these platters.  
We matched up and have a win-win-win!  
Happy me, selling this for more than a quarter. 
Happy customer/collector to find a rare beloved piece, 
and happy consultant who can help our her friend. 


All packed and ready to go to North Carolina!

So wish us luck, say a prayer, and stop on by if you want to pick up some treasures!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment