Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Black Bean & Salsa Chicken, the Sequel

Last night for dinner we had Black Bean & Salsa Chicken, a recipe I found on Pinterest from Six Sisters Stuff.  This is the second time I made it and it was just as yummy as the first time.
Get the recipe and read about that here.
  
The first utterance out of my husband's mouth after his first bite was "Mmmmm!"  
You don't know how amazing that was!  
That rarely happens when someone eats my cooking!  


I made a couple of changes from the recipe.
I cut the recipe in half as I did the first time since I was only cooking for two.
I used frozen chicken breast tenders instead of fresh chicken breasts.
I didn't have black beans, I just cleaned out the freezer of left-over half bags of frozen corn and upped the amount of corn to the recipe.
I also only cooked it on high for 3 1/2 hours, not 4,  because I started preparations late, and the chicken was done and very tender.
I served it over rice because that's what was in the pantry.  
So it ended up looking more like the Mexican Haystacks  from Six Sisters.
I guess I should have piled all my fixin's on top of my haystack.
I had a deconstructed haystack.
See that perfect bite loaded onto the blue chip? 
I planned on using blue corn tortilla chips to dip all this yumminess. 
A little chicken, a little corn and rice, a little avocado, a little sour cream, a little black olive.  
Mmmmm!
But a fork worked better.
The first words out of my hubby's mouth BEFORE his first bite were, 
"Aren't you going to take a picture?" 
 
He's coming along nicely as a blogger's hubby! ; )
Photobucket
Join me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/AtHomeWithJanSavage 

No comments:

Post a Comment